- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Kyrie Irving demands NBA to change its logo: ‘BLACK KINGS BUILT THE LEAGUE’
- Updated: February 25, 2021
Los Angeles Lakers legend Jerry West has been the symbol of the league since 1969
“Gotta Happen,” Irving wrote on his Instagram. “Idc what anyone says. BLACK KINGS BUILT THE LEAGUE.”
“I just think it’s so much more than basketball,” Cuban told TMZ. “He brought so many people together.”
Even though West is considered to be the NBA’s logo, the league never admitted that it featured a specific player. Sources familiar with the league told Yahoo Sports that there is no interest in having an individual player as its logo because there are so many who have been instrumental in the growth of the NBA.
Sources also told Yahoo Sports in January that the NBA has never expressed any interest in moving forward with change, despite more than 3 million people signing a Change.org petition asking the league to make Bryant the new logo.
Source: Fox News