- I Want to Become the Most Capped Player in History says Ronaldo
- Football Women’s Team Player ask FIFA for Equal World Cup Prize Money
- 96% of World Cup fans want to visit again in Qatar: Al Thawadi
- Al Gharafa and Muaither Advance to Amir Cup Quarter-Finals
- Benn Says He Had Suicidal Thoughts after Positive Drug Tests
BautistaAgut pass muster to QEMO Semi-Finals
- Updated: March 12, 2021
On Thursday, Roberto BautistaAgut beat defending champion Dominic Thiem 7-6(3), 2-6, 6-4 to keep his dreams of winning the Qatar ExxonMobil Open alive.
At 2-2 in the decider, the 2019 champion brought his groundstrokes down the line and charged the net to take the contest’s decisive break. The win improved Bautista Agut’s ATP Head2Head record against the World No. 4 to 4-1.
At the ATP 250, Bautista Agut now has an 8-1 record. In the championship match, the Spaniard will meet the Russian player Andrey Rublev. After Marton Fucsovics of Hungary withdrawn due to a lower back injury, Rublev advanced to the semi-finals without striking a shot.
← Previous Story Pakistan Super League T20 to recommence in June