- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
BautistaAgut pass muster to QEMO Semi-Finals
- Updated: March 12, 2021
On Thursday, Roberto BautistaAgut beat defending champion Dominic Thiem 7-6(3), 2-6, 6-4 to keep his dreams of winning the Qatar ExxonMobil Open alive.
At 2-2 in the decider, the 2019 champion brought his groundstrokes down the line and charged the net to take the contest’s decisive break. The win improved Bautista Agut’s ATP Head2Head record against the World No. 4 to 4-1.
At the ATP 250, Bautista Agut now has an 8-1 record. In the championship match, the Spaniard will meet the Russian player Andrey Rublev. After Marton Fucsovics of Hungary withdrawn due to a lower back injury, Rublev advanced to the semi-finals without striking a shot.