- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Denmark tackle Qatar at IHF World Championship
- Updated: January 24, 2021
Doha: Reigning Olympic and world champions Denmark yesterday defeated Asian champions Qatar 32-23 in their opening Group II match at the IHF Men’s World Championships in Cairo yesterday.
New Capital Sports Hall, Qatar started well and were neck and neck before the pre-event favourites took control of match.
Denmark were leading 17-12 at halftime. Qatar attempted to make a comeback but an experienced Danish side gave little room to their Asian opponents to seal first victory in main round.
Qatar will next take Bahrain tomorrow before playing against Argentina on January 25, hoping to collect full points from the games.
Earlier yesterday, Hungary started their mission in Group I of the main round by beating Brazil 29:23, at New Capital Sports Hall in Cairo.