- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Neymar to Real Madrid: Spain’s president Mariano Rajoy makes shock claim
- Updated: February 13, 2018
SPAIN’s president Mariano Rajoy has waded into Real Madrid’s transfer saga over Neymar.
Real Madrid are said to be interested in signing Neymar from Paris Saint-Germain this summer.
His father is supposedly in talks with Real president Florentino Perez via an intermediary, agent Wagner Ribeiro.
But were the ex-Barcelona star to move to Real, it would not go down well in the Spanish government.
President Rajoy is a well-known fan of Real Madrid but has confirmed he is not keep to see Neymar move to the Spanish capital.
'I would not like to see Neymar dressed in white,” Rajoy told AS.
The 62-year-old was also asked about Real’s interest in PSG star Kylian Mbappe, who was linked with a move to the Bernabeu last summer before he headed to Paris.
Rajoy told AS: 'I do not know if Madrid should have signed him, but when Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema and Cristiano (Ronaldo) go off form in a few months they are questioned.'
Asked about his support of Real, Rajoy said: 'I have been (a fan) since 1986.
“It has brought me many joys, such as the Champions League in 1998, and disappointments, like the one in Liverpool in the 1981 final.”