- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Real Madrid transfer bombshell: Cristiano Ronaldo secret text message to PSG revealed
- Updated: February 13, 2018
CRISTIANO RONALDO wanted to quit Real Madrid for Paris Saint-Germain back in 2012 – a French outlet has revealed.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been at Real Madrid since 2009 and has won everything there is to win with the Bernabeu side.
But in a shock revelation from France Football magazine, it is claimed the Portugal international wanted out six years ago.
Ronaldo, now 32, is said to have texted a friend back in 2012 confirming his desire to leave Real for PSG.
France Football claim to have seen the message, which supposedly reads: 'I want to go to Paris.
“They will really love me there.
“The French will be so happy that I play in their championship that the media will campaign in my favour for the Ballon d’Or.”
Cristiano Ronaldo had won just one Ballon d’Or honour at the time of the alleged text, with Lionel Messi scooping the prize every year from 2009 to 2012.
But Ronaldo stayed on at Real and become the world’s best footballer in 2013.
Ironically, moving to Paris to challenge for the Ballon d’Or is exactly what Neymar has done this season.
The Brazilian, frustrated at being in Messi’s shadow at Barcelona last term, quit the club for PSG in a world-record £200million transfer.
Ronaldo himself is said to be unhappy with his current situation at Real.
He has seen Neymar secure a mega-money deal at PSG, while Messi is now supposedly earning €2m a week at Barcelona.
And Ronaldo, who only signed a new contract in Madrid last year, supposedly wants pay parity with the other two global icons.