- Virat Kohli Finds Form As Royal Challengers Bangalore Beat Gujarat Titans To Stay In Play-Off Race
- Rights groups urge FIFA to earmark $440mln for Qatar migrant workers
- Eintracht, Rangers fans put on show for the ages at Europa League final
- Medvedev downplays French Open title chances after Geneva exit
- Liverpool take title race down to the wire with win at Southampton
Beijing 2022 official says athlete protests will lead to punishment
- Updated: January 19, 2022
A Beijing 2022 official said on Wednesday that any athlete behaviour that is against the Olympic spirit or Chinese rules or laws will be subject to “certain punishment”, when asked about the possibility of athlete protests at next month’s games.
The official, speaking at a virtual briefing hosted by the Chinese Embassy in the United States, said that punshiments could include cancellation of athlete accreditation if their actions are deemed to be against the Olympic charter.
Source: Reuters / Reporting by Martin Quin Pollard; Editing by Jacqueline Wong