- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Robinson, White win QGL Individual Strokeplay Tournament
- Updated: February 23, 2021
Doha: A total of 32 golfers survived freezing conditions to take part last weekend at the Doha Golf Club in the 199th edition of the Qatar Golf Lovers’ (QGL) Individual Strokeplay Tournament.
With a net score of 31, Andrew Robinson was proclaimed Flight A (0-9 HCP) winner, facing tough competition from Sanjeev Gupta.
Meanwhile, with a net score of 32, Clark White won Flight B (10+ HCP), prodding PK Viswanath, the January tournament champion, into the second position with a net score of 34.
Dr. Deepak Mittal, India’s Ambassador to Qatar, who also competed in the contest, received a special award for ‘nearest to rope’ while Manoj Megchiani for ‘nearest to lock’, Thomas Rolt for ‘longest putt’ and Arnav Jain for ‘longest push’ were the other award winners.
The reward allocation ceremony was organized by QGL Captain Clark White, inviting new member Jafu Churakuth and guests. President Manoj Megchiani & Vice President Sanjay Jain handed out the awards and declared that in the coming months, QGL will soon declare its 200th tournament milestone and mark its 20th anniversary. Those involved in engaging should access MYQGL.COM’s QGL website.