- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
Al-Rajhi wins stage 10 of Dakar Rally, Peterhansel closes in on 14th title
- Updated: January 14, 2021
Yazeed Al-Rajhi won stage 10 of the 2021 Dakar Rally on Wednesday – the Saudi driver’s second victory in the space of four days.
Stephane Peterhansel finished in third place behind Nasser Al-Attiyah and moved closer to a 14th Dakar title.
Peterhansel lost 49 seconds to Al-Attiyah, but remains over 17 minutes clear of the Qatari in the overall standings with two stages to go.
American Ricky Brabec, the defending champion in the bikes category, clinched his third stage win of this year’s race and closed to within 51 seconds of Kevin Benavides’ overall lead.
Argentine Benavides finished third on the day, behind Spain’s Joan Barreda Bort in second place.
Jose Ignacio Cornejo Florimo had started the day as the overall bikes leader, but crashed on the route from Neom to Alula.
Despite finishing the stage, the Chilean later abandoned the race.