- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Real Madrid news: Gareth Bale asks to leave Bernabeu alerting Man Utd and Chelsea
- Updated: February 20, 2018
GARETH BALE has reportedly told his agent he wants to leave Real Madrid.
The Welshman has struggled with a number of long-term injuries since swapping Tottenham for Real Madrid in 2013.
Los Blancos are expected to shake-up their squad this summer after a hugely disappointing season where they sit fourth in the La Liga table.
Real’s only remaining hope of silverware lies in the Champions League, where they face Paris Saint-Germain in the last-16 second-leg clash in two weeks' time.
But Bale has apparently made the first move by informing his representative to get the ball rolling.
That is according to El Chiringuito TV journalist Eduardo Inda, who thinks he could be on his way to Manchester United or Chelsea.
United are expected to strengthen their squad further at the end of the season to try and close the gap to Manchester City.
Manager Jose Mourinho has already claimed that he is not in the market for any more attackers.
But he has always been a keen admirer of Bale, and if he became available, then a transfer could not be ruled out.
Meanwhile, Chelsea have struggled to defend their Premier League crown this year and will look for reinforcements in the summer.
Bale is already accustomed to London and would easily be able to adjust back to life in the Premier League.