- Hatayspor Player Christian Atsu Found Alive
- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
Djokovic, Federer and British teenage hope Emma Raducanu top Wimbledon bill
- Updated: July 5, 2021
Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer headline Wimbledon on Monday (Jul 5) with the two Grand Slam heavyweights looking to edge closer to a dream title showdown.
World number one Djokovic, chasing a sixth Wimbledon title and record-equalling 20th major, is already halfway to becoming just the third man to complete a calendar Grand Slam.
The Serb faces Cristian Garin of Chile while eight-time champion Federer takes on Italy’s Lorenzo Sonego.
Chilean 17th seed Cristian Garin had never previously won a main draw match at the tournament before this year. However, the 25-year-old from Santiago is in the last 16 of a major for the second consecutive Grand Slam.
“It feels amazing. I didn’t play a grass tournament before Wimbledon, so I was a bit out of rhythm and without any matches on grass,” said Garin who lost his only clash with Djokovic at the ATP Cup in 2002. “My last match on this surface was here at Wimbledon in 2019.”