- Tunisia’s Jabeur to become first Arab player to crack top 10
- Lautaro Martinez Takes Argentina Run To 25 Unbeaten, Brazil Thrash Uruguay
- Kylian Mbappe Takes Centre Stage For PSG In Absence Of Lionel Messi, Neymar
- Burj Khalifa Lights Up In Team India’s Colours Ahead Of T20 World Cup. Watch
- Kolkata Knight Riders Edge Delhi Capitals By 3 Wickets In Thriller To Enter Third Final
Djokovic, Federer and British teenage hope Emma Raducanu top Wimbledon bill
- Updated: July 5, 2021
Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer headline Wimbledon on Monday (Jul 5) with the two Grand Slam heavyweights looking to edge closer to a dream title showdown.
World number one Djokovic, chasing a sixth Wimbledon title and record-equalling 20th major, is already halfway to becoming just the third man to complete a calendar Grand Slam.
The Serb faces Cristian Garin of Chile while eight-time champion Federer takes on Italy’s Lorenzo Sonego.
Chilean 17th seed Cristian Garin had never previously won a main draw match at the tournament before this year. However, the 25-year-old from Santiago is in the last 16 of a major for the second consecutive Grand Slam.
“It feels amazing. I didn’t play a grass tournament before Wimbledon, so I was a bit out of rhythm and without any matches on grass,” said Garin who lost his only clash with Djokovic at the ATP Cup in 2002. “My last match on this surface was here at Wimbledon in 2019.”