- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
On Saturday, West Ham United experienced their first pre-season defeat as Stade Rennais secured a 3-1 victory in an entertaining match at Roazhon Park.
- Updated: July 31, 2023
The French side took an early lead through Baptiste Santamaria’s stunning long-range strike. However, West Ham fought back and managed to level the game in the second half when Tomáš Souček scored a towering header from a free-kick.
Despite the Hammers’ efforts, Rennes regained the lead 15 minutes before the final whistle, with France U21 international Arnaud Kalimuendo flicking home from close range.
In their quest for another equalizer, West Ham pushed valiantly, but in the end, Angelo Ogbonna’s unfortunate own goal sealed the victory for the hosts in north-western France.