- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Eddie Nketiah’s Goal of the Month Contender
- Updated: November 3, 2023
Eddie Nketiah’s sensational hat-trick-sealing goal against Sheffield United has placed him in contention for the Premier League’s Goal of the Month award for October. Nketiah’s remarkable strike, which came during Arsenal’s 5-0 victory at Emirates Stadium, is among the top contenders for the accolade.
During the match, Nketiah scored on either side of halftime to put Arsenal ahead by two goals, and then, in the 58th minute, he achieved his treble in spectacular fashion. It all started with a pass from Emile Smith Rowe, who was set up by Gabriel Martinelli. Nketiah controlled the ball with his back to the goal and unleashed a powerful right-footed shot from 25 yards that soared into the top corner of the net, leaving the Sheffield United goalkeeper with no chance to make a save.
Nketiah’s remarkable performance in the match took his goal tally to five for the season, earning him a spot on the shortlist for the month’s best goal, which features eight players in total. The other contenders include Bryan Mbuemo and Samman Ghoddos of Brentford, Jacob Bruun Larson from Burnley, Jack Harrison of Everton, Philip Billing from Bournemouth, Diego Dalot of Manchester United, and Hwang Hee-chan from Newcastle United.
The winner of the Goal of the Month award will be determined by a combination of fan votes and the selections of a panel of experts. Supporters can cast their votes for Eddie Nketiah, as well as Declan Rice for Player of the Month and Mikel Arteta for Manager of the Month, until Monday, November 8 at midday UK time.
For More Related Updates Please Visit Our Official Website
By- Sahiba Suri