- Football Women’s Team Player ask FIFA for Equal World Cup Prize Money
- 96% of World Cup fans want to visit again in Qatar: Al Thawadi
- Al Gharafa and Muaither Advance to Amir Cup Quarter-Finals
- Benn Says He Had Suicidal Thoughts after Positive Drug Tests
- Neymar’s Season-Ending Injury Might End His Stay at PSG – Report
Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Updated: January 27, 2023
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Al Nassr was knocked of the Saudi Super Cup on Thursday after a 3-1 semi-final loss to Al Ittihad in Riyadh.
The 37-year-old Portugal international, five-times Ballon d’Or winner, had a couple of chances to score but was well shackled by the Al Ittihad defence for most of the match.
Anderson Talisca’s goal for Al Nassr in the 67th minute was not enough to turn around the deficit from two first-half goals for Al Ittihad from Romarinho and Abderrazak Hamdallah.
Muhannad Al-Shanqeeti added the third three minutes into stoppage time.
Al Nassr next travel to Al Fateh in the Saudi Pro League on Feb. 3.