- Hatayspor Player Christian Atsu Found Alive
- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
Rangers transfer exclusive: Beijing cool interest in striker Alfredo Morelos
- Updated: February 7, 2018
BEIJING REHNE have now cooled their interest in Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos.
The Chinese Super League club had a bid in the region of £8million knocked back by the Light Blues last month.
Express Sport understands that Beijing have now moved on to other targets and are unlikely to make an improved bid.
The transfer deadline for Chinese clubs is at the end of this month so they still have three weeks to do business.
There is also interest from one of their Chinese rivals but it remains to be seen if that will be firmed up with a bid.
Morelos was disappointed to see the deal collapse as he would have landed a significant wage rise but now he is waiting for Rangers to open talks over a new deal.
The Colombian, above, is more than happy to sign an extension providing his terms are matched – as he will want to be amongst the club’s highest earners now he is their prize asset.
The summer signing from HJK Helsinki also knows that he would have a better chance of achieving his dream of playing in the English Premier League if he signs on at Ibrox rather than heading to the Far East.
Talks with Rangers over a new deal are likely to start in the next week.