- Tickets to go on sale for FIFA World Cup 2022™ play-offs at Qatar’s Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium
- IPL 2022: Led by Patidar’s 100, RCB beat LSG by 14 runs; will meet RR in Qualifier 2
- Chelsea takeover: Todd Boehly’s £4.25bn bid approved by government as Roman Abramovich era set to end
- LSG vs RCB Match Prediction – Who will win today’s IPL match between Lucknow and Bangalore?
- GT vs RR, IPL 2022: Kolkata Weather Update As Gujarat Titans And Rajasthan Royals Clash In Qualifier 1 At Eden Gardens
Emery gets Arsenal revenge as Villarreal set up Man Utd Europa League final
- Updated: May 7, 2021
LONDON: Villarreal will face Manchester United in the Europa League final after the Spanish side held out for a 0-0 draw at Arsenal on Thursday (May 6) to prevent a clean sweep of European finalists for Premier League sides.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang twice hit the post for Arsenal, but a 2-1 aggregate defeat means the Gunners will miss out on Champions League football for the fifth consecutive season.
Edinson Cavani scored twice for United, who progressed 8-5 on aggregate despite a 3-2 defeat away to Roma.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men will aim to end a four-year trophy drought when they take on Villarreal in Gdansk on May 26, three days before Manchester City face Chelsea in the Champions League final on May 29.
Sitting ninth in the Premier League, Arsenal’s season was hinging on Europa League glory for Champions League qualification.
But former Gunners’ boss Unai Emery got revenge for his sacking after just 18 months as Arsene Wenger’s successor by leading Villarreal to their first European final.