- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
- FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Record-Breaking World Cup With 5.95 Billion Engagements
Arsenal news: Jack Wilshere reveals one big mistake made against Ostersunds
- Updated: February 23, 2018
ARSENAL were guilty of making one big mistake against Ostersunds, according to Jack Wilshere.
Arsenal lost the second leg of their Europa League last-32 tie against the Swedish outfit 2-1 at the Emirates.
Despite the surprise defeat, the Gunners advanced to the next stage of the competition following a 4-2 aggregate victory.
Arsene Wenger played a weakened side with one eye on Sunday’s Carabao Cup final against Manchester City (4.30pm).
However, the Gunners were far from their best.
And Wilshere has conceded there may have been a sense of complacency about the way his side approached the match.
When asked whether or not Arsenal under-estimated Ostersunds, Wilshere said: “Maybe. When you are 3-0 up in a two legged game you have to go again.
“It is only half time and we maybe underestimated them a little bit.
“We were not good enough, we will accept that and move on.
'We are through, that is probably the only positive.'
When asked about the overall display, Wilshere said: 'We were nowhere near it and not good enough.
'We are through and that is all that counts.
'We will see who we get tomorrow and refocus on the big game on Sunday.'
The north London outfit will find out who their opponents in the last 16 will be when the draw is made on Friday.