- Brazil’s Alex Sandro Could Miss Quarter-Final Against Croatia: Tite
- FIFA Imposes $53,000 Fine on Croatia for Fans’ Abuse with Canada Goalkeeper
- Goncalo Ramos Scores First Hattrick of 2022 World Cup, Breaks Several More Records
- Bollywood Actress Deepika Padukone to Unveil FIFA World Cup Trophy During Finals in Qatar
- England will face France in the quarter finals after scoring 3-0 against Senegal.
Argentina Forward Nicolas Gonzalez Out Of FIFA World Cup
- Updated: November 18, 2022
Argentina forward Nicolas Gonzalez suffered an injury in training on Thursday and is out of the World Cup, his country’s football federation (AFA) said. The 24-year-old Fiorentina forward has been replaced by Angel Correa of Atletico Madrid.
“In training today, Nicolas Gonzalez tore a muscle and has been withdrawn from the list for the World Cup,” the AFA said in a statement. Argentina coach Lionel Scaloni said on Wednesday after his team thrashed the UAE 5-0 in their final warmup game that “some players are not 100 percent, we have a few small problems”
Gonzalez, 24, was one of the players who sat out the match in Abu Dhabi as Argentina extended their unbeaten run to 36 matches.
Argentina face Saudi Arabia on Tuesday in their first Group C match, followed by Mexico and Poland.