South Africa Tour of India 2019 Schedule, Teams, Match Timings & Venues
- Updated: September 9, 2019
The following 15th of September is about to witness the commencement of the South African team’s tour of India. The South African cricket team is all set to face the Men in Blue over matches which spread across two different formats, including three Test matches and three Twenty 20 international matches. This series is prestigiously referred to as the Gandhi Mandela series, signifying the coming together of two of the best cricketing nations of the world.
The Indian team is at the top of their game, and their motivation is at an all time high after them defeating the West Indies team recently in all formats. Although the Test squad is well prepared, work is still going on to finalise a perfect T20 squad for team India. Regarding this matter, Indian captain Virat Kohli is hopeful to strike a balance in the T20 squad, as the team is also currently getting ready for the upcoming Twenty 20 world cup which is going to take place in Australia. On the other hand, the series of Test matches is going to mark the starting of the South African participation in the newly announced World Test Championship by the ICC.
The South Africa team is desperate to get their form back after a disappointing performance in the last ICC world cup. There have been some changes in the teams, as the captainship of the T20s has been given to Quinton De Cock instead of Du Plessis, who is leading the Proteas squad in the Tests. Du Plessis is not a part of the T20 squad as well. Besides these, some talented players from the South African domestic scenario have been included in the national squad. The likes of Anrich Nortje, Beuran Hendricks, and Bjorn Fortuin could be making their debuts in this series.
Full schedule of South Africa tour of India 2019:
Schedule for T20 Series (Date, Timing & Venue):
- India vs South Africa, 15 September, 19:00 IST, Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala
- India vs South Africa, 18 September, 19:00 IST, Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, Mohali, Chandigarh
- India vs South Africa, 22 September, 19:00 IST, M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore
Schedule for Test Series (Date, Timing & Venue):
- India vs South Africa, 09:30 IST, October 2-6, ACA-VDCA Stadium, Visakhapatnam
- India vs South Africa, 09:30 IST, October 10-14, Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
- India vs South Africa, 09:30 IST, October 19-23, JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi
Where can you watch the India Vs South Africa Series 2019?
If you are an Indian audience, then you can easily watch the matches between India and South Africa on the channels Star Sports HD1, Star Sports 1, and Star Sports HD2. Within the Indian subcontinent, all the matches can be also streamed on the digital streaming platform Hotstar, which is another convenient option for all the cricket lovers. Moreover, the T20 series is also going to be broadcasted live in India by both DD Sports and DD National (or DD 1) channels.
In South Africa, the matches can be followed on the SuperSport channel, whereas they can be viewed on the channels Willow TV and Sky Sports in the US.
Teams for the Upcoming India Vs South Africa Tour:
For the Twenty 20 series, the two squads are as follow:
- South Africa: Quinton De Cock (Captain & Wicket-Keepar), Rassie van der Dussen (vice captain) Tabraiz Shamsi, Jon-Jon Smuts, Kagiso Rabada, Dwaine Pretorius, Temba Bavuma, Junior Dala, Bjorn Fortuin, Beuran Hendricks, Reeza Hendricks, David Miller, Anrich Nortje, Andile Phehlukwayo
- India: Virat Kohli (Captain), Rohit Sharma (vice captain), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant (Wicket-Keeper), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Krunal Pandya, Washington Sundar, Rahul Chahar, Khaleel Ahmed, Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini
South Africa Vs India Series 2019 Test Squad:
South Africa: Faf du Plessis (Captain), Theunis de Bruyn, Dane Piedt, Kagiso Rabada, Quinton de Kock, Temba Bavuma (vice-captain), Dean Elgar, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Senuran Muthusamy, Zubayr Hamza, Anrich Nortje, Vernon Philander, Lungi Ngidi, Dane Piedt, Kagiso Rabada, Heinrich Klassen
Indian Squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Mayank Agarwal, Rohit Sharma, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (vice-captain), Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant (Wicket-keeper), Wriddhiman Saha (Wicket-keeper), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Ishant Sharma, Shubman Gill