- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Chelsea Women Defender Eve Perisset Named on France’s Squad For Women’s World Cup
- Updated: June 7, 2023
An impressive debut season with Chelsea has been rewarded with a place for Perisset on the 26-player list named by manager Herve Renard on Tuesday, with the squad due to be cut to 23 before the tournament group stage begins.
The 28-year-old joined the Blues last summer from Bordeaux in her native France. During her first season in England, she contributed to our fourth consecutive Women’s Super League title and third successive FA Cup triumph.
In their latest preparations for the tournament, France recorded back-to-back victories over Colombia and Canada in April. They will play further friendly fixtures against the Republic of Ireland and joint-hosts of the tournament, Australia, before the group stages get underway.
The draw for the finals this summer placed France in Group F alongside Jamaica, Brazil and Panama. Les Bleues begin their group stage campaign against Jamaica on July 23 in Sydney, with kick-off scheduled for 11am (UK time).