- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
- FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Record-Breaking World Cup With 5.95 Billion Engagements
Chicago Fire take Aleksandar Katai on loan from Alaves
- Updated: February 6, 2018
The Chicago Fire have reached an agreement with Alaves to take Aleksandar Katai on loan for the remainder of the Spanish season.
Katai, 27, joined Alaves from Red Star Belgrade on a three-year deal at the summer transfer deadline in August 2016, but he has not started a game this season and has made only four substitute appearances in all competitions.
The midfielder made 14 starts for Alaves in all competitions last season and scored three goals in 26 total appearances. He has also earned six caps for Serbia, with the most recent in a friendly defeat away against Ukraine in November.
As part of the deal, Chicago will have the option to buy the remainder of Katai's contract as of June 30.