Al Wakra Qualifies for Ooredoo Cup Final dominating Al Sailiya for 3-0

Al Wakra Qualifies for Ooredoo Cup Final dominating Al Sailiya for 3-0

Al Wakra’s Omar Ali scores the first goal giving a lead dominating Al Sailiya by 3-0 in the first semifinal of 2020-21 tournament of the Ooredoo Cup that was held at the Al Sadd Stadium on Saturday.

Al Wakra’s Omar Ali, who scored the first goal in the game in 26th minute gave his side the much needed lead, followed by Mohamed Benyettou, who scored the 41st minute doubling the advantage with a spot kick in the first half and again Omar Ali scoring the 82nd minute goal in the second half gaining a 3-0 victory.

Al Wakrah will be taking on the winners of second semifinal in the finals. The second semifinals will be played between Al Gharafa and Al Rayyan at the same venue on Sunday.

The first semifinal got off to a fast pace as Al Wakrah looked for gaps to launch attacks, putting pressure on Al Sailiya right from the kick-off. The Peregrines, on the other hand, were giving away the ball cheaply with miscued passes.

Omar Ali took the first shot on target in the 13th minute deflecting a hit from captain Isaias Sanchez, however Al Sailiya keeper Claude Amine was in the right place to block the attempt.

Mohanad Ali got an opportunity to open the account for Al Sailiya, but his hit from the edge of the box was too weak for keeper Saoud Al Khater, who caught the ball comfortably.

The Blue Wave looked a better side and Abdulrahman Mustafa’s superb attempt from an acute angle was punched away well by Amine.

Al Wakrah finally took the lead following an attack from the right flank. Murad Naji produced a brilliant display, crossing the ball towards Omar Ali, who just had to chip the ball in from a close range in an open goal. But VAR confirmed the player was onside.

After Al Wakra’s goalkeeper, Al Khater made a diving save from Mohanad Alis strike 10 minutes before half-time, the side doubled their lead, with Mustafa winning a spot-kick.

Moustafa made a fantabulous run towards the area and successfully dodged the goalkeeper and when he was about to unleash a shot on goal, Serigne Mbodji denied him the opportunity by committing a foul. Referee Mohammed Ahmed Al Sherif had no hesitation in pointing to the spot.

Benyettou took the penalty kick, putting the ball in with a right-footed kick in the left corner, leaving no chance for a diving Amine as Al Wakrah went into the break with a 2-0 lead.

Al Sailiya, who took just two shots on target as compared to Al Wakrahs five in the first half, returned as a better side as they looked to bounce back in the match.

Tiago Bezerra led a few attacks by the Peregrines soon after the start of final session, but Al Wakrah were doing well with counter-attacks to maintain their lead.

In an Al Sailiya attack in the 57th minute, Ramin Rezaeins hit went wide and soon after that Al Khater made a diving save from Tiagos attempt.

After the hour-mark, Al Sailiya increased their attacks, but they were off target each time they took aim towards the goal.

Rami Fayez received a yellow card for a dangerous tackle against Abdulghani Muneer in the 69th minute of the game. Omar Ali was also given a warning for a foul near the box, four minutes later.

The match was slowed due to the stoppages caused because of the warning and cards issued against the players and Al Wakrah took the scoreline beyond Al Sailiyas reach, with Benyettou setting up Omar Ali for his second goal, which was similar to his first one.

Source: Qatar Day

Leave a Reply