- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Milan set Tonali price tag and reject offer from Newcastle – report
- Updated: June 22, 2023
Milan have reportedly turned down Newcastle’s offer for Sandro Tonali and want at least €80m to sell the Italy international.
Sportitalia reported on Tuesday afternoon that the Magpies had targeted Tonali after realising Inter would not sell Nicolò Barella.
Calciomercato.com confirms talks between Milan and Newcastle, but the Rossoneri have rejected an opening bid of circa €55-60m.
Milan are not considering parting ways with Tonali but would consider offers close to €80m.
Tonali doesn’t seem willing to leave Milan either, but Newcastle’s contract offer could make him change his mind, according to the report. As per Sportitalia, the player’s entourage is currently in London.
Tonali, a die-hard Milan fan, accepted a pay cut to return to Milan on a permanent transfer in 2021 after a one-year loan from Brescia. He signed a contract extension in September 2022 after contributing to the Rossoneri’s Serie A title victory.
The Italy international currently earns circa €3.5m per season, including add-ons and his contract expires in June 2027.