- Mbappe signs contract extension with PSG until 2025
- Leipzig edge Freiburg on penalties in German Cup final
- Virat Kohli Finds Form As Royal Challengers Bangalore Beat Gujarat Titans To Stay In Play-Off Race
- Rights groups urge FIFA to earmark $440mln for Qatar migrant workers
- Eintracht, Rangers fans put on show for the ages at Europa League final
Xherdan Shaqiri: Liverpool sell Swiss midfielder to Lyon in £9.5m deal
- Updated: August 24, 2021
Switzerland playmaker Xherdan Shaqiri has completed a £9.5m move from Liverpool to Lyon.
The 29-year-old has signed a three-year contract with the Ligue 1 club, who say the deal is worth 6m euros plus a possible 5m euros in add-ons.
Shaqiri, who joined Liverpool from Stoke in a £13m deal in 2018, started just five Premier League games under Jurgen Klopp last season.
He has not been involved in either of the club’s league games this season.
The former Bayern Munich and Inter Milan attacker won the Premier League and Champions League during his time at Anfield.
Shaqiri becomes the second Liverpool player to make a move to a Ligue 1 club this summer, with Georginio Wijnaldum having joined Paris St-Germain after his Reds contract expired.
The 96-cap Switzerland international, who featured for his country at Euro 2020, scored eight goals in 63 games for Liverpool – six of which came during his first season on Merseyside.