- F1 drivers defend Netflix series after Verstappen snub
- Tunisia’s Jabeur to become first Arab player to crack top 10
- Lautaro Martinez Takes Argentina Run To 25 Unbeaten, Brazil Thrash Uruguay
- Kylian Mbappe Takes Centre Stage For PSG In Absence Of Lionel Messi, Neymar
- Burj Khalifa Lights Up In Team India’s Colours Ahead Of T20 World Cup. Watch
5 Potential WWE Wrestlers who can defeat The Undertaker at WrestleMania 36
- Updated: November 7, 2019
The Undertaker, of course, needs no introduction. He is one of the greatest superstars to have appeared in the WWE Universe for years now and has the best record in WrestleMania and the history of professional wrestling too. He is considered one of the best ever superstars since he has performed amazingly at WrestleMania over the years, with a 24-2 record over 3 decades. He has defeated several top wrestlers in their prime including Diesel, Jimmy Snuka, John Cena, Ric Flair, Kane, Batista, Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, CM Punk, Edge and Triple H among many other stars.
WrestleMania witnessed The Undertaker’s absence on account of his age and several injuries. This was the first such WrestleMania event that he skipped in a whopping 19 years! Over the last year, he has appeared sparsely on WWE and the recent appearance was at Extreme Rules in July, 2019, in a tag-team match where he paired up with Roman Reigns for trouncing Drew McIntyre and Shane McMahon. The Undertaker will be 55 years of age by April 2020 which is the timeline for WrestleMania 36.
The sure-shot future entry into the WWE Hall of Fame will naturally play only a few more wrestling bouts in his fabulous career so far. If he makes an appearance at WrestleMania 36.
Here’s the 5 Players who can compete with Undertaker
- Bray Wyatt: The Fiend or Bray Wyatt can be a great opponent for The Undertaker at WrestleMania and he has revived his WWE career with his new masked and dangerous look which debuted earlier in 2019. He even challenged Seth Rollins for the coveted Universal Title and won the University Championship in the Falls Count Anywhere Match at WWE Crown Jewel, trouncing Rollins with his Mandible Claw. He has a similarly dark entrance routine as The Undertaker and both appear on stage once the lights are turned off. He has not lost any matches as of yet and taking on the original Deadman will be a bout worth remembering for fans!
- Drew McIntyre: Drew McIntyre came back to WWE last year after taking a four year break. McIntyre has worked on his body and has the Claymore, the highly potent finishing move, in his arsenal now. The Undertaker has reportedly expressed his desire to face McIntyre at the next WrestleMania. He has faced off against the legendary wrestler in the Extreme Rules tag-team match. This could be the prelude to a one-on-one bout at WrestleMania 36.
- Sting: If this match takes place, it will be one of the most memorable ones in recent history. Sting is one of the most famous and iconic wrestlers in the history of the sport and both athletes were at their peak in the 1990s and early 200s simultaneously. Yet, they were in rival productions, namely WWE for The Undertaker and WCW for Sting. This dream match could be a possibility since Sting came to WWE for the very first time in the year 2014. His career in the ring only lasted a year but he wrestled with Seth Rollins and Triple H before announcing his retirement, being inducted in 2016 into the WWE Hall of Fame in the process. Sting has recently stated that The Undertaker will be the only opponent for whom he would consider disbanding his retirement. He has been advocating this match at WrestleMania from the time he was at WWE but things never worked out.
- Brock Lesnar: Lesnar was the first wrestler who successfully trounced The Undertaker at WrestleMania, finishing the biggest victory streak in the history of the sport, namely 21 consecutive wins. Brock Lesnar pinned him after three finishing moves in a match that lasted 25 minutes. Brock Lesnar has since become a dominant force in the WWE universe, winning 5 World Titles while also being the present WWE World Champion. This is his 8threigning period as the champion. A match between The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar will always be interesting with the former waiting to avenge his first ever defeat in the event.
- Braun Strowman: Strowman is now the largest WWE giant and the successor to The Big Show at 385 pounds and 6-foot-8 inches. He is The Monster Among Men and is very athletic, making him an amazing opponent for The Undertaker. Strowman has been rapidly enhancing his game and although he has not been a World Title winner till now, he has been in main events several times, taking on top wrestlers like Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar. Strowman’s future track has been unclear ever since he was defeated by Rollins in the Universal Championship battle. He was recently feuding at WWE Crown Jewel with Tyson Fury, the Heavyweight Champion Boxer and lost the match through count-out. A match with The Undertaker may be Strowman’s chance to get back in the reckoning. The Undertaker has previously faced another monster in the form of Giant Gonzalez at WrestleMania 9.
These are the 5 WWE superstars who could make for fabulous opponents if The Undertaker were to appear at WrestleMania 36. One hopes that Taker finally turns up and plays the wrestling match of his career against a worthy opponent before calling it curtains!