- Tunisia’s Jabeur to become first Arab player to crack top 10
- Lautaro Martinez Takes Argentina Run To 25 Unbeaten, Brazil Thrash Uruguay
- Kylian Mbappe Takes Centre Stage For PSG In Absence Of Lionel Messi, Neymar
- Burj Khalifa Lights Up In Team India’s Colours Ahead Of T20 World Cup. Watch
- Kolkata Knight Riders Edge Delhi Capitals By 3 Wickets In Thriller To Enter Third Final
5 WWE Superstars who have never won the Intercontinental Championship
- Updated: September 13, 2019
It goes without saying that Intercontinental Championship is one of the most prestigious titles in WWE. Its legacy dates to 40 years and has a number of remarkable names in its radar including veterans such as Pedro Morales, Razor Ramon, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Edge, etc. One also needs to note that the Intercontinental Championship should be won by a Superstar if they wish to complete their Grand Slam.
Despite the title having enjoyed a prominent presence in the mid-card division for many years, it has been looked up to the “Top Title” on several occasions. It also deserves credit for allowing fans to witness many instant classics- Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (Wrestlemania X), Seth Rollins vs. The Miz (Backlash 2018) to name a few. That being said, few WWF/E Superstars have enjoyed the glory of holding this coveted title. One would lose count of the names that have either not tried or have failed to win the IC Title, despite putting in efforts.
Know about top 5 WWE Superstars who have never won the Intercontinental Championship in History:
- Matt Hardy: having started out as a local performer, Matt Hardy and his brother Jeff were signed full-time by WWF in 1998. Their initial years saw them competing as a tag team, delivering some classic performances. Following their split, he became a singles performer and had to undergo many ups and downs. At this stage, when he is already nearing the end of his career, perhaps he might get to enjoy at least one reign as the Intercontinental Championship. He still has a decent degree of charisma and in-ring skills left in him to achieve this feat.
- Hulk Hogan: though this might take many by surprise, but the fact remains that the closest he came to winning the prestigious Championship was at Wrestle mania VI. In this “Winner Takes All” match, Hogan entered as the WWF Champion while The Ultimate Warrior made his entry as the Intercontinental Champion. Hogan then moved to WCW. He was rendered unable to compete for WWF’s resident mid-card title during the 90s since he did not return to WWF until 2002. Hulk Hogan is undeniably one of the biggest names in the history of professional wrestling. However, the absence of an Intercontinental Title reign sticks out sorely in his extensive list of accomplishments.
- Batista: he turned out to be one of the biggest Superstars of the Ruthless Aggression Era, when he went solo in 2005. In the period 2005-10, he won six World Titles. Besides, he had a short-lived Tag Title reign with John Cena in 2008. Hence, it would not be an overstatement to say that he did not spend enough time in the mid-card division to have bagged the IC Title. He was recovering from an injury when the title was reintroduced in 2003. After his Evolution stablemate Randy Orton dropped the title to Edge in 2004, Batista finally tried to bring the Championship title home. SummerSlam 2004 saw Edge, Chris Jericho and Batista fighting it out in an exciting match. However, Batista still could not taste success in terms of winning the Intercontinental Championship.
See Also This: WWE Clash of Champions 2019 Updated Match Card
- Brock Lesnar: following his WWE debut in 2002, he was catapulted to great success. He was, in fact, the youngest WWE Champion of his times. He managed to retain his position in the WWE Title until 2004. His comeback after 8 years too created quite a stir amongst fans. Nevertheless, it hardly comes as a surprise that he has never won the Intercontinental Championship. At this stage too, the chances are quite slim. So, one can safely conclude that The Beast Incarnate will be remembered as one of the most celebrated professional wrestlers who has never won this prestigious IC Title.
- The Undertaker: He is one of those very few professional wrestlers who have stayed loyal to the sport, and even to the company for close to three decades. He can undoubtedly be crowned as one of the all-time greats of the WWE fraternity. Though his waist was not always wrapped by some title, but he is one of those rare performers who could still hold his own ground and retain his credibility. He came closest winning the Intercontinental Championship Title when he defeated Albert in it in 2001. Over the major part of his career, he acted as the special attraction in non-title matches. The 40-year old now hardly has any chances of pursuing the Title as this stage of his career. However, his legacy will be unfazed by that, as he is an iconic stalwart in this profession by his own right.
These are the 5 biggies who can certainly be unbeatable on their day but have sadly never won the Intercontinental Championship till date.