- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
Football begins its slow rollback
- Updated: January 11, 2021
Bundesliga was the first of Europe’s major soccer leagues to return with matches being played behind closed doors
La Liga is scheduled to return with the Seville Derby on 11 June and is hoping to complete 11 matchdays of Primera Division action in just five weeks.
The English Premier League
After a three-month postponement the English Premier League has recently announced a return date of 17 June. The first two matches will be Manchester City vs Arsenal and Aston Villa vs Sheffield United.
Serie A, Italy’s top soccer league, has been given the all-clear to return on 20 June with Torino vs Parma to be the first match back.
Japan’s professional football league has announced plans to resume the MEIJI YASUDA J1 League on 4 July after a four-month pause due to the Covid-19 pandemic.