- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
Billie Jean King Cup: Great Britain name squad for Mexico tie
- Updated: April 7, 2021
Heather Watson will lead Great Britain squad for their Billie Jean King Cup play-off tie against Mexico.
British number one Johanna Konta was not available for selection as she continues to manage a longstanding knee problem.
Heather Watson is the highest-ranked player in the squad, which also includes Harriet Dart, Katie Swan, Jodie Burrage and Katie Boulter.
The tie will take place behind closed doors in Roehampton on 16-17 April.
With the WTA season about to enter the clay swing, Konta did not want to switch surfaces and play on an indoor hard court.
Victory would put Britain through to a one-off qualifier in February as part of the revamped Fed Cup.
The winner of that tie goes through to a new-look 12-team finals in April 2022.
Britain missed out on a spot in the inaugural finals after losing to Slovakia last year.
Source : BBC Sports