- LeBron James Agrees to Extend his Lakers Contract
- Manchester United could let Cristiano Ronaldo leave in the next transfer window
- The end of an era as Serena Williams announces retirement
- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
T20 cricket PSL suspended due to an outbreak of seven positives cases
- Updated: March 5, 2021
The Pakistan Super League has been indefinitely postponed after three new coronavirus cases were recorded on Thursday, the total number of coronavirus cases in the Twenty20 cricket league to seven.
The Pakistan Cricket Board made the decision after the owners of the six teams expressed reservations about continuing, even with the option of a five-day circuit-breaker.’
The postponement was induced, Khan acknowledged, by violations of COVID-19 protocols in the bio-secure bubble.
14 of the 20 preliminary round matches have been held in Karachi, Pakistan’s southern port city. The league was set to relocate to Lahore for the final 14 games starting on Wednesday. The final will take place on March 22.