- LeBron James Agrees to Extend his Lakers Contract
- Manchester United could let Cristiano Ronaldo leave in the next transfer window
- The end of an era as Serena Williams announces retirement
- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
Stage set for the exciting Qatar Cup Final
- Updated: February 26, 2021
In the Qatar Cup final today, defending champions Al Sadd and QNB Stars League (QSL) winners Al Duhail will square off, predicting exciting action in a series of arch-rivals looking for the very first silverware of the ongoing football season.
An enthralling competition at Al Duhail Stadium is expected to generate the match of the heavyweights, with kick-off set for 4:45 pm. Although seven-time champions Al Sadd, who dethroned Al Duhail in the final of last year with a 4-0 thumping, are favorites in the title conflict, Al Duhail is ranked among the only few sides that have the ability to bring an end to the unbeaten run of Al Sadd this season. The Wolves are in excellent form under coach Xavi Hernandez, with just one win separating them from the QSL crown.
They scored 47 points, 13 points ahead of Al Duhail, who is second, with five rounds to spare. But in today’s final, the QSL record will be numerous and the team will definitely get an upper hand with more organized commitment in the crunch tie. Xavi, however, whose side claimed a QSL thriller against Al Arabi on Monday after Santiago Cazorla’s stoppage-time goal, is assured of a Red Knights win. “Al Duhail is one of Qatar’s strongest players.