- Barty clinic cheers Australia after Djokovic turmoil
- Lewandowski and Putellas win FIFA Best awards
- Virat Kohli “Will Have To Give Up His Ego” And Play Under New Leader, Says Ex-Captain Kapil Dev
- Williams strike sees Bilbao past Atletico into Super Cup final
- Liverpool frustrated by 10-man Arsenal in League Cup semi stalemate
QFA Announces Award Nominees for 2020-21 season
- Updated: July 6, 2021
The Board of Trustees of Qatar Football Association (QFA) Award discussed the preparations for the Best Awards for the 2020-21 season and approved the final list of nominees for the awards. A total of 55 forms were sent out to participants in the voting process and 45 of them were approved while 10 forms were rejected for being incomplete. It was also decided to cancel the QFA Award Ceremony this season and the winners will be announced through the official website as well as social media platforms of QFA and Qatar Stars League.
The final names of nominees for each award after the voting process are:
The best Under-23 Player Award were Mahmoud Abunada (Al Arabi), Abdulrasheed Ibrahim (Al Ahli), and Homam Al Ameen (Al Gharafa). The best coach award Younes Ali (Qatar SC), Xavi Hernandez (Al Sadd), and Nebojsa Jovovic (Al Ahli).
The best player award for Santi Cazorla (Al Sadd), Baghdad Bounedjah (Al Sadd), and Edmilson Junior (Al Duhail).
The Mansour Muftah award for the top scorer will go to Al Sadd striker Baghdad Bounedjah (21 goals). (QNA)