- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
PSG title chances dented by 1-1- draw at Rennes
- Updated: May 10, 2021
PARIS: Paris St Germain’s Ligue 1 title hopes took a major knock on Sunday (May 9) when the defending champions were held to a 1-1 draw at Stade Rennes, leaving Lille holding a three-point advantage at the top with two games remaining.
Neymar opened the scoring with a penalty on the stroke of halftime but Serhou Guirassy equalised in the 70th minute to leave PSG, who finished with 10 men after Presnel Kimpembe was sent off in the 87th minute, on 76 points.
Lille, on 79 after thrashing neighbours RC Lens 3-0 away on Friday, need four points from their last two matches against mid-table St Etienne and Angers to guarantee their first Ligue 1 title since 2011.
Monaco are third on 74 points after beating Stade de Reims 1-0 away earlier on Sunday, one point ahead of fourth-placed Olympique Lyonnais, who beat Lorient 4-1 on Saturday.
PSG, who were knocked out in the Champions League semi-finals by Manchester City on Tuesday, could face the prospect of finishing the season without a major trophy.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side travel to Montpellier in the French Cup semi-finals on Wednesday.