- Hatayspor Player Christian Atsu Found Alive
- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo wins Golden Boot
- Updated: July 12, 2021
With five goals to his name, Cristiano Ronaldo won the Golden Boot award for the top goal-scorer at the 2021 European Championships (EURO 2020) on Sunday.
Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo claimed his first European Championship Golden Boot as EURO 2020 concluded on Sunday with Italy emerging as the champion.
Ronaldo had scored in every single group stage game for Portugal, bagging a brace against both Hungary and France. However, he had failed to find the back of the net during the 0-1 loss to Belgium in the round of 16.
England captain Harry Kane, with four goals, had a chance to overtake Ronaldo ahead of the final against Italy. In the end, the latter claimed the award.
Ronaldo also became the leading goal-scorer in the history of Euros during the tournament, with his 14th strike. Meanwhile, with 109 goals, he had equalled Iran striker Ali Daei as the top scorer in international football as well.