- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Man City defender Cancelo assaulted during robbery at home
- Updated: December 31, 2021
Manchester City defender Joao Cancelo said on Thursday he was assaulted during a robbery and posted a picture of himself on Instagram with a cut above his right eye.
Cancelo did not mention where the incident took place but the club later said it happened at the 27-year-old’s home.
“Unfortunately today I was assaulted by four cowards who hurt me and tried to hurt my family,” Cancelo said. “When you show resistance this is what happens.
“They managed to take all the jewellery and leave me with my face in this state.
“The most important thing for me is my family and luckily they are all OK.”
City said in a statement they were giving support to the player and his family and that he is helping the police with their enquiries.
Source: Reuters / Reporting by Aadi Nair in Bengaluru; Editing by Peter Rutherford