- F1 drivers defend Netflix series after Verstappen snub
- Tunisia’s Jabeur to become first Arab player to crack top 10
- Lautaro Martinez Takes Argentina Run To 25 Unbeaten, Brazil Thrash Uruguay
- Kylian Mbappe Takes Centre Stage For PSG In Absence Of Lionel Messi, Neymar
- Burj Khalifa Lights Up In Team India’s Colours Ahead Of T20 World Cup. Watch
Liverpool’s Alexander-Arnold ruled out of Man City game
- Updated: October 1, 2021
Liverpool right back Trent Alexander-Arnold will miss Sunday’s home Premier League game against champions Manchester City due to a muscle injury, manager Juergen Klopp said on Thursday.
The 22-year-old was absent for Liverpool’s 5-1 win over Porto in the Champions League and omitted from England’s squad for World Cup qualifiers against Andorra and Hungary.
Klopp expects Alexander-Arnold to return after the international break along with midfielder Thiago Alcantara, who is recovering from a calf injury.
“… They are doing well but they won’t have enough time for being back against City,” said the German.
“But we have a good team so we still have solutions and we have to use them and yeah, after the international break the boys will be back I think.”
Liverpool, who drew 3-3 with Brentford in the league last weekend, top the table with 14 points. City are a point behind in second.
Source: Reuters / Reporting by Dhruv Munjal in Bengaluru, editing by Ed Osmond