- Patience is required as Raducanu looks to build on US Open win
- India vs Pakistan, Team India Report Card: Analysing The Complete Annihilation Of Virat Kohli’s Side
- New IPL Teams Named; Ahmedabad To CVC Capital Partners, RPSG Group Gets Lucknow
- F1 drivers defend Netflix series after Verstappen snub
- Tunisia’s Jabeur to become first Arab player to crack top 10
Kevin Anderson reaches Estoril quarter finals
- Updated: April 29, 2021
South Africa’s Kevin Anderson recorded 12 aces and advanced to the quarterfinals of the Millennium Estoril Open with a 6-3, 7-6 (4) win against Spain’s Roberto Carballes Baena on Wednesday in Portugal.
Anderson trailed 2-4 in the tiebreak before winning five straight points to finish in one hour and 49 minutes. He’ll face No. 6 seed Marin Cilic of Croatia, who endured two rain delays and rallied to beat Portugal’s Nuno Borges 6-7 (5), 6-4, 6-4.
No. 3 seed Ugo Humbert of France outlasted Italy’s Marco Cecchinato 6-4, 3-6, 6-3, and No. 8 Alejandro Davidovich Fokina of Spain cruised to a 6-1, 6-2 win over France’s Jeremy Chardy.
Top-seeded Alexander Zverev of Germany began his quest for a third Munich title with a 6-2, 6-4 defeat of Ricardas Berankis of Lithuania in 87 minutes.
The 2017 and 2018 champion’s quarterfinal opponent will be Belarusian qualifier Ilya Ivashka, who stormed from behind for a 6-7 (7), 6-1, 6-2 win against American Mackenzie McDonald. Ivashka tallied eight aces and never lost his serve.
No. 2 seed Casper Ruud of Norway defeated Uruguay’s Pablo Cuevas 6-3, 6-2. No. 8 John Millman of Australia was trailing 4-6, 2-0 against Guido Pella when the Argentinian retired with an injury after 75 minutes.