- Patience is required as Raducanu looks to build on US Open win
- India vs Pakistan, Team India Report Card: Analysing The Complete Annihilation Of Virat Kohli’s Side
- New IPL Teams Named; Ahmedabad To CVC Capital Partners, RPSG Group Gets Lucknow
- F1 drivers defend Netflix series after Verstappen snub
- Tunisia’s Jabeur to become first Arab player to crack top 10
IPL 2021: Punjab Kings bowler Ishan Porel calls Virat Kohli his dream wicket
- Updated: April 5, 2021
Punjab Kings bowler Ishan Porel feels that Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper Virat Kohli is the best batsman in all three formats.
India’s Under-19 World Cup 2018-winner Ishan Porel is yet to make his Indian Premier League (IPL) debut. However, ahead of the 14th season of IPL, the youngster is hopeful of making his debut and has Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) skipper Virat Kohli on his dream wicket list. Roped in by Punjab Kings (then Kings XI Punjab) for a base price of Rs 20 lakh before the 2020 edition, the young pacer did not get a chance last time despite the team’s fast bowling woes.
In a recent interview with Hindustan Times, the 22-year-old was asked about his dream wicket in the upcoming season which kicks off on April 9 with RCB taking on defending champions Mumbai Indians (MI). Porel also called him the best batsman across all formats.
“On a funnier side, I got KL bhai out in a Ranji Trophy match so I’ve ticked that box. And obviously Rohit Sharma is great off fast bowling. He can hit those good length balls with ease. Obviously, picking those wickets would be a dream-come-true for me because I’ve seen them win matches for India while growing up. But yes, I would like to take the wicket of Virat Kohli because he is the No. 1 batsman in all three formats,” Porel said.