- F1 drivers defend Netflix series after Verstappen snub
- Tunisia’s Jabeur to become first Arab player to crack top 10
- Lautaro Martinez Takes Argentina Run To 25 Unbeaten, Brazil Thrash Uruguay
- Kylian Mbappe Takes Centre Stage For PSG In Absence Of Lionel Messi, Neymar
- Burj Khalifa Lights Up In Team India’s Colours Ahead Of T20 World Cup. Watch
India’s Virat Kohli steps down as T2O captain
- Updated: September 17, 2021
The Indian cricket national team’s current skipper Virat Kohli has announced that he will be stepping down as the T20 captain. Kohli, who is recognised as one of the greatest players of all time has an exceptional record of scoring nearly 3,200 runs and picking up 4 wickets from the 90 matches played.
The 32-year-old announced this major decision in his official twitter handle confirming that he will continue to lead the national team in ODI and Test cricket.
Kohil, who is also the captain of Indian Premier League (IPL) club Royal Challengers Banglore (RCB) said that this decision comes after discussing with Indian head coach Ravi Shastri and fellow teammate Rohit Sharma and has spoken to the BCCI secretary Jay Shetty and President Saurav Ganguly regarding the same.
The Indian batsmen is all set to lead the T20 side for the final time in the upcoming worldcup, which will be held in UAE next month.