- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
F1 Testing Day One: Mercedes hit early stumbling blocks as Red Bull, McLaren start fastest in Bahrain
- Updated: March 13, 2021
First day of pre-season testing delivers surprise as world champions Mercedes endure difficult start with new W12 car; Max Verstappen two tenths ahead of Lando Norris at head of timesheet in the new Red Bull; Ferrari also hit early reliability trouble
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen led McLaren’s Lando Norris on the opening day of 2021 testing in Bahrain as world champions Mercedes endured an uncharacteristically difficult start to pre-season with their new car.
At the start of F1’s shortened three-day track build-up to the new season, which also begins in Bahrain in two weeks’ time, Red Bull completed the most laps and claimed the fastest time with Verstappen on an impressive full debut for their RB16B car.
But it was a different story for world champions Mercedes, the usual standard-bearers for out-of-the-box running in testing.
Source: Sky Sports