- I Want to Become the Most Capped Player in History says Ronaldo
- Football Women’s Team Player ask FIFA for Equal World Cup Prize Money
- 96% of World Cup fans want to visit again in Qatar: Al Thawadi
- Al Gharafa and Muaither Advance to Amir Cup Quarter-Finals
- Benn Says He Had Suicidal Thoughts after Positive Drug Tests
England forced to select complete new team against Pakistan after coronavirus outbreak in first XI
- Updated: July 6, 2021
A new England squad will be named as initial team forced to isolate due to three players and four backroom staff testing positive for Covid-19; Ben Stokes will return to England side as captain; England play Pakistan in the first ODI in Cardiff on Thursday, live on Sky Sports Cricket
England have been forced to select a new team for the Pakistan ODI series after seven positive Covid-19 tests pushed the entire squad into isolation.
Three England players and four backroom staff have tested positive for Covid-19, with the rest of the squad deemed close contacts.
The first ODI is on Thursday in Cardiff.
Ben Stokes will return to the England side as captain after several weeks out with a fractured finger, despite Eoin Morgan initially saying it would be too soon for the all-rounder to be considered.
The rest of the new team to face Pakistan will be named later on Tuesday.
Chris Silverwood was not in charge of the ODI series against Sri Lanka as he was taking a break and will be available to return as head coach.
Source: Sky Sports