- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Chinese trio named in BWF’s Hall of Fame
- Updated: June 2, 2021
BEIJING: China’s Olympic gold medallists Zhang Ning, Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng have been inducted into the Badminton World Federation’s Hall of Fame, the sport’s governing body said on Wednesday (Jun 2).
Zhang won gold in the women’s singles at the 2004 and 2008 Olympics and was crowned world champion in 2003.
Cai and Fu are the only men’s doubles pair to have won four world titles. They also won Olympic gold at London in 2012.
BWF President Poul-Erik Hoyer said the trio are “iconic figures”.
“They played at an incredibly high level, which helped them win every major title in badminton,” he added. “Most importantly, the standards they set will always be a challenge for younger generations of players who seek to emulate them.”