- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
Al Shaqab Racing’s MURJAN Gets his First Victory at Toulouse
- Updated: March 17, 2021
Al Shaqab’s Racing’s homebred MURJAN (Dahor De Brugere x Nevadour Al Maury) won his first race, the Prix Djouras Tu – Wathba Stallion Cup, at Toulouse.
Trained by Thomas Fourcy, he raced two times in 2020 without success. MURJAN had not been seen on a racecourse since last June, being gelded in July. This time, he was brave to win a race in which the first four finished nearly in the same stride. MURJAN won that battle, keeping a victorious nose on the post and beating another Al Shaqab Racings owned and bred colt, HAZZAM (Al Mamun Monlau x Fidwah).
Mickael Forest, MURJAN’s jockey, said: “Thomas Fourcy told me he had some work, but it was still a comeback after being gelded. Thomas has always liked this horse and today, he proved that he was right.”
Hazzam, the runner-up, is also trained by Thomas Fourcy and was last seen at Toulouse in November 2020, finishing 3rd in the Prix Ourour, a Listed for Purebred Arabians.