- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
Africa Cup of Nations: Sudan, Guinea Bissau Playout Goalless Draw
- Updated: January 12, 2022
Sudanese national team and Guinea-Bissau tied without goals in the confrontation that brought them together today for the first round of Group D of the African Cup of Nations.
Guinea-Bissau’s Judilson Pele missed a penalty kick in the 82nd minute, which was saved by Sudan goalkeeper Ali Abdullah Abu Eshreen, and the latter returned in the 90+1 minute to block substitute Frederic Mendy’s attempt with a powerful header to keep the tie, and add the first point for the Sudanese team in the championship.
Guinea-Bissau will play Egypt, while the Sudanese team will face Nigeria in the next round.