- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
Africa Cup of Nations: Nigeria Defeat Egypt
- Updated: January 12, 2022
The Egyptian national team lost its group D opening match against Nigeria 0-1, in the African Cup of Nations.
The Leicester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho crashed home a stunner from inside the box in the first half from Joe Aribo’s headed knock-down, as the Super Eagles recorded the sixth 1-0 victory in the first eight matches of this tournament.
The last loss of the Egyptian team in the first round of the continental championship dates back to the 2004 edition in Tunisia, when lost 1-2 from Algeria
Egypt did not lose 16 matches in a row (12 wins and 4 draws) before today’s match.
The Egyptian team holds the record number of times to win the African Championship with seven titles, the last of which was in 2010 in Angola, when it was crowned for the third time in a row (2006 in Egypt and 2008 in Ghana).