- Team by team analysis of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix
- No plans to suspend events in China over Peng, says ITF chief-BBC
- Russia beat Croatia in Davis Cup final
- “You Want To Have Clarity”: Virat Kohli On South Africa Tour Amid Omicron Scare
- Wanindu Hasaranga five-for seals win after Tom Kohler-Cadmore fireworks
AFC Updates Dates for Asian Qualifiers for World Cup 2022, Asian Cup 2023
- Updated: February 20, 2021
The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) postponed the majority of the upcoming Asian Qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023.
“Taking into consideration the existing travel and quarantine restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic across the Continent and following a process of close consultation with Asias Member Associations, the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) and FIFA have jointly agreed to postpone the majority of the upcoming Asian Qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023,” the AFC said in a statement on its website.
The latest match schedule for Match Days 7 and 8 of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023 Preliminary Joint Qualification Round 2, which is scheduled to take place on March 25 and 30, 2021 is as follows: Nepal will take on Australia on March 30, 2021, Saudi Arabia will face Yemen on March 25, 2021, Tajikistan will play with Mongolia on March 25, 2021, and Mongolia will face Japan on March 30, 2021. (QNA)