- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
AFC Updates Dates for Asian Qualifiers for World Cup 2022, Asian Cup 2023
- Updated: February 20, 2021
The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) postponed the majority of the upcoming Asian Qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023.
“Taking into consideration the existing travel and quarantine restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic across the Continent and following a process of close consultation with Asias Member Associations, the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) and FIFA have jointly agreed to postpone the majority of the upcoming Asian Qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023,” the AFC said in a statement on its website.
The latest match schedule for Match Days 7 and 8 of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023 Preliminary Joint Qualification Round 2, which is scheduled to take place on March 25 and 30, 2021 is as follows: Nepal will take on Australia on March 30, 2021, Saudi Arabia will face Yemen on March 25, 2021, Tajikistan will play with Mongolia on March 25, 2021, and Mongolia will face Japan on March 30, 2021. (QNA)