- Tunisia’s Jabeur to become first Arab player to crack top 10
- Lautaro Martinez Takes Argentina Run To 25 Unbeaten, Brazil Thrash Uruguay
- Kylian Mbappe Takes Centre Stage For PSG In Absence Of Lionel Messi, Neymar
- Burj Khalifa Lights Up In Team India’s Colours Ahead Of T20 World Cup. Watch
- Kolkata Knight Riders Edge Delhi Capitals By 3 Wickets In Thriller To Enter Third Final
15 Athletes to Represent Qatar in Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Updated: July 7, 2021
A total of 15 athletes will represent Qatar in 7 sports at Tokyo 2020 Olympics which will be hosted by Japan from July 23 to August 08, 2021.
Team Qatar roster in Tokyo 2020 Olympics includes: Mutaz Barshim, Abderrahman Samba, Abubaker Hayder, Abdirahman Saeed Hassan, Musab Adam, Ashraf Amgad El-Seify (Athletics), Femi Ogunode, Mohamed Ahmed Al Rumaihi (Shooting), Fares Ibrahim (Weightlifting), Cherif Younouse, Ahmed Tijan (Beach Volleyball), Ayoub Al Idrisi (Judo) and Abdulaziz Al Obaidly (Swimming).
The Qatari women will be represented by Bashayer Almanwari in 100m event and Tala Abu-Jubara, the first Qatari female athlete to represent Qatar in Rowing at the Olympic Games.
Under the theme of “We Are Team Qatar”, the Qatar Olympic Committee launched its promotional campaign to support Team Qatar stars ahead of their participation in Tokyo 2020 Olympics Games. (QNA)