- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
15 Athletes to Represent Qatar in Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Updated: July 7, 2021
A total of 15 athletes will represent Qatar in 7 sports at Tokyo 2020 Olympics which will be hosted by Japan from July 23 to August 08, 2021.
Team Qatar roster in Tokyo 2020 Olympics includes: Mutaz Barshim, Abderrahman Samba, Abubaker Hayder, Abdirahman Saeed Hassan, Musab Adam, Ashraf Amgad El-Seify (Athletics), Femi Ogunode, Mohamed Ahmed Al Rumaihi (Shooting), Fares Ibrahim (Weightlifting), Cherif Younouse, Ahmed Tijan (Beach Volleyball), Ayoub Al Idrisi (Judo) and Abdulaziz Al Obaidly (Swimming).
The Qatari women will be represented by Bashayer Almanwari in 100m event and Tala Abu-Jubara, the first Qatari female athlete to represent Qatar in Rowing at the Olympic Games.
Under the theme of “We Are Team Qatar”, the Qatar Olympic Committee launched its promotional campaign to support Team Qatar stars ahead of their participation in Tokyo 2020 Olympics Games. (QNA)