- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Tour Story: Chelsea Concludes Successful US Tour 2023!
- Updated: August 3, 2023
After an eventful and enjoyable few weeks in America for their pre-season tour, Chelsea is now heading back home to the UK. The team had an impressive run, playing a total of five matches, securing three victories, and drawing two.
A significant highlight was winning the first-ever Premier League Summer Series tournament. The Blues clinched the title in Washington D.C. with wins against Fulham and Brighton, along with a solid point earned against Newcastle United.
Throughout the tour, we witnessed some memorable moments, with Nicolas Jackson, Christopher Nkunku, Mykhailo Mudryk, and Mason Burstow all scoring their first goals for Chelsea. Young talent Levi Colwill also had an opportunity to showcase his skills in Chelsea colors before signing a new long-term deal in Chicago.
Notably, the Academy youngsters made their mark, with Bashir Humphreys impressing as a center-back and Ian Maatsen standing out in his role on the left.
The tour took Chelsea to five states, including North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Maryland, and Illinois, where they had the chance to meet and interact with dedicated Blues supporters.
Ambassadors Gary Cahill and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink were valuable members of the traveling party, engaging in exciting fan zones and events, creating memorable experiences for the fans.
Now, the team will return to Cobham for training, with a few scheduled days off ahead. The 2023/24 campaign will kick off with a match against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on Sunday, 13th August, as Chelsea prepares to take on the challenges of the new season.