- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Our friendly match with Real Madrid at the NRG Stadium, Manchester United players had the opportunity to interact with stars from the Houston Texans on Thursday.
- Updated: July 28, 2023
Rather than immediately returning to San Diego, the Reds decided to stay in Houston and utilized the stadium as a training base the next morning.
During the session, Erik ten Hag’s side had the chance to meet players and staff from the NFL’s Houston Texans. The Texans have been part of the NFL since 2002 and have been using the NRG Stadium as their home venue.
Players like Mason Mount, Marcus Rashford, and Luke Shaw engaged in throwing and kicking exercises, alongside Texans punter Cameron Johnston and kicker Ka’imi Fairbairn.
As a gesture of camaraderie, the two footballing teams exchanged shirts as they both prepare for their upcoming seasons. Manchester United is in the midst of an eight-match summer campaign, having completed five games, while the Houston Texans have returned to camp in preparation for the 2023 term starting in September.
Additionally, Ten Hag and the players had the opportunity to meet with Cal McNair, the team chair, and CEO, as well as his wife Hannah, who serves as the vice-president of the Houston Texans Foundation.
Although the trip to Texas ended in defeat against Real Madrid, with goals from Jude Bellingham and Joselu securing their victory, the experience of connecting with the Houston Texans made it a memorable time in the biggest city of Texas.