- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Thompson Joins Northampton Town on Loan
- Updated: August 8, 2023
Max Thompson, the teenage goalkeeper, has embarked on a loan journey to League One outfit Northampton Town for an interim period. The 19-year-old, who has showcased his talent on the international stage representing England at under-18 level, will be affiliated with the Cobblers during the initial half of the 2023/24 season. His aspiration is to make his professional debut while being a part of Jon Brady’s squad.
Having debuted for Newcastle’s under-21 team at the tender age of 16, Thompson garnered valuable experience, participating in ten matches across various competitions for United’s reserve side in the previous season. His primary objective now is to gain his inaugural exposure to senior football at the Sixfields Stadium.
Northampton’s progression has been noteworthy, securing automatic promotion from League Two during the prior campaign through a commendable third-place finish in the fourth tier of English football. Their League One journey commences with a home fixture against Stevenage.