- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
St. James’ Park Debut for Barnes as Magpies Face Villarreal
- Updated: August 7, 2023
Harvey Barnes is set to make his first appearance at St. James’ Park as a Newcastle United player in the Sela Cup, presented by VisitMalta, where they will take on Villarreal.
Having featured twice in the Premier League Summer Series in the USA last month, the summer signing from Leicester will now play on home soil in Sunday’s 16:00 BST kick-off.
Manager Eddie Howe has named a completely different starting XI compared to the previous day’s 2-0 victory against Fiorentina, with the Magpies eyeing the trophy with a win or draw.
Nick Pope will be the starting goalkeeper, while Jacob Murphy is likely to take his place at right-back. Jamaal Lascelles will lead the team as captain, partnering Paul Dummett in central defence, and Dan Burn will take the left-back position.
In midfield, Sean Longstaff returns from injury and will join Bruno Guimarães and Matt Ritchie. Barnes and Joelinton will support last season’s leading goalscorer, Callum Wilson, in the attacking line.
Mark Gillespie will be the substitute goalkeeper, while a group of talented young prospects, including Ben Parkinson, Jay Turner-Cooke, and Michael Ndiweni, will be on the bench. These promising youngsters made appearances against Fiorentina on Saturday.