- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
“Grace Donnelly: Leading the Way for Newcastle United Women”
- Updated: August 11, 2023
A new chapter unfolds as Grace Donnelly takes the helm as club captain for Newcastle United Women in the upcoming 2023/24 season.
Having donned the captain’s armband during the Lasses’ triumphant moments at St. James’ Park last season, including lifting the FA Women’s National League Division One North title, Donnelly’s leadership prowess has been undeniable.
Her outstanding performance between the posts earned her the coveted Golden Glove award for the 2022/23 season, boasting an impressive 11 clean sheets.
A remarkable moment of recognition unfolded at St. James’ Park on Tuesday as goalkeeping coach Chris Stygal presented Grace with a special trophy signifying her role as club captain. Sharing the joy, her family joined in to celebrate this milestone.
Becky Langley, Newcastle Women manager, praised Grace’s exemplary character, highlighting her as a beacon for the women’s team and inspiring role model for young fans alike.
Grace herself expressed her deep honor, stating, “Being appointed as the club captain is an absolute privilege. With a squad full of exceptional leaders, I am eagerly anticipating the thrilling journey that lies ahead.”
Grace Donnelly’s appointment marks a powerful step forward for Newcastle United Women, setting the stage for an exhilarating season under her guidance.